House keeper & Administrative Assistant-Job in Abu Dhabi
Updated: May 3, 2020
House Keeper & Administrative Assistant- Abu Dhabi
21st Century Leaders Foundation raises funds to support humanitarian and environmental causes, striving to encourage a generation of influencers to take ownership, positive action and raise awareness among their fans for critical global causes.
To raise additional funds for the Foundation, we are launching a new social enterprise by opening a beautifully decorated beach home on Saadiyat Island for high end vacationing guests. We are hiring a Holiday Let Live In House Keeper and Administrative Assistant for this new social enterprise.
This is a full-time live-in role to begin in April 2020. The candidate will live in the Housekeeper room which has TV, WIFI & en suite bathroom. Work will be busier when the Founder is at home (she is currently in Europe and travels often) or when there are rental guests, which is expected to be most weekends & likely UAE National Holidays. Hours are flexible; the candidate will be responsible for finishing the work and being available for guests as needed.
Job benefits 1. Flexible hours with one day off a week 2. Free rent in a beautiful location 3. Free utilities 4. Iphone for work & private use 5. Competitive salary 6. Access to two golf-karts for getting around in the area 7. Health insurance 8. Employment visa 9. Annual flight home 10. 30 calendar days of paid leave to be taken between June - August 11. The joy of working to ultimately raise funds for charity and help others
1. Property Management for the same villa as well as a villa in Hidd Al Saadiyat, including reporting of any breakages and managing ongoing maintenance. Properties to be kept in its current excellent condition and wherever possible also implementing improvements. 2. Restocking supplies for home and pets – shopping in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or online. Plus maintaining receipts and updating the associated excel control spreadsheets
3. Housekeeping – home, gazebo, & future extension, including laundry
4. Gardening - shared with a full-time maintenance colleague and staff member. Includes, but not limited to: planting of petunias and Vinkas twice per annum, clearing of dead leaves from flower beds, dead heading, watering of pots (the rest of the garden is irrigated) and fertilising of the soil.
5. Cooking – for executive property owner when at home and for guests
6. Marketing- to grow reservations through apps such as YourPorter
7. Maintain a calendar of reservations to prevent double-bookings and view upcoming rentals
8. Meet with guests on arrival, explain the house rules, & attend to their needs during their stay, including answering any questions, assisting with bookings and offering a concierge service
9. Managing Petty Cash and month end petty cash report
10. Banking cheques & delivering & collecting documents to local bank
11. Collecting and delivering post and other important documents to ADM, Masdar City & other related entities in UAE
12. Stock management – Counting stock and preparing stock for shipments to retail clients and visiting partners stores for a stock review when needed
13. Office Administration – Includes but is not limited to sorting recycled paper, wrapping gifts, listing items for sale on Dubizzle, diary updates, Salesforce data base updates, domain renewals and domain master spreadsheet updates, updating the UAE agency listing spreadsheet, sending out property mailings, as well as other spreadsheet updates as and when required. Training will be provided for all these tasks, but a basic proficiency in administration is essential
14. Pet care – walking, feeding, grooming & administering medicines if/when required
What we are looking for: 1. Candidate to be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times. 2. Experienced in property management, housekeeping, and/or experience in the tourism industry 3. Fluent in English 4. Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel 5. Typing Speed of at least 40wpm 6. Must be willing to drive a golf cart to complete errands (Lessons will be offered) 7. Must be willing to open bank account for salary payments 8. Can make a delicious food as required 9. Willing to learn new skills 10. Attention to detail 11. Proactive – able to get things done without being told they need to be done 12. Discrete 13. A pet lover TO APPLY: Please apply online by the 30th of March with the following:
· A cover letter which summarises your skills and why you want this role · A screenshot of your typing speed results from here: https://www.typingtest.com · Your CV · Answers to the following questions (so we can get a better picture of who you are): o Where do you currently live/work in UAE? o What is your notice period? o Where are you from? o How old are you? o How long have you lived in the UAE? o What is your favourite meal to cook? o Have you ever cared for pets?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. Those that pass the phone interview need to be available to travel to Saadiyat Island for an in-person interview in situ at the Villa